What is SMS verification? SMS verification is a procedure that allows proving a client’s identity and making sure that a real human is registering on a website or app. The process serves as an anti-bot tool and is used by the majority of all Internet platforms. Account authentication via text messages is one of the most commonly used ways to verify newly created profiles.
How does it Work?
- When you create an account on any website, you’ll be asked to specify a phone number.
- When all the required spaces are filled out, the system sends a confirmation code to the specified phone number.
- A newly registered user should enter it in a space. Some systems can automatically read messages and confirm verification.
After that, it is enough to enter a username and passcode to log in.
Pros and Cons of SMS Authentication
Like any other notion or thing, account verification via an SMS code has its benefits and drawbacks. Let’s list them.
Benefits of SMS Verification
- Security. Sending a text message to a phone means that a real person immediately receives a passcode. Thus, this solution allows improving the security of personal accounts and avoiding bots or fakes.
- Ease and promptness. Codes are sent immediately. Users get them in a matter of a few seconds. Moreover, they do not have to open an email or do any extra actions. SMS authentication is the easiest way to confirm your identity.
Cons of Profile Confirmation via SMS
Yet, this option has some flaws. Here they are:
- Vulnerability. If a profile is hacked or data leakage occurs, users can become victims of blackmailing or other illegal actions on the Web.
- Lost devices. If a smartphone is lost, users won’t be able to verify access to accounts.
- Synced gadgets. If several devices are connected to one account, it is problematic to receive codes.
- Privacy. After all, Internet users want to have a feeling of self-protection and are not willing to enter real personal data.
Ways to Bypass SMS Authentication
Due to possible right infringement, Internet users seek ways to bypass entering real information. Thus, they try not to specify their mobile phones. Fortunately, it is possible to buy temporary SMS number that will help stay anonymous and enjoy unlimited access to all portals and accounts.
A virtual phone number allows calling and receiving SMSs via PCs or other voice devices. No smartphone or a new SIM card is needed. This solution has the following perks:
- Improved privacy and 100% confidentiality. When specifying fake numbers, users feel secure and are not afraid of hacker attacks or data leakage. Even if such cases occur, scammers get fake information.
- No need to install additional hardware or have several smartphones. No special equipment is required.
- The management of a virtual phone is carried out via an online account. Thus, users can receive SMSs via any voice device.
- Control through the Internet makes it possible to move freely without losing the phone. Even if users relocate abroad, they will be able to use the number of another state.
- Having several numbers allows creating multiple accounts on one website (social network or messenger). Usually, systems allow creating one profile per one number. However, what should users do if they want to create a personal and business account simultaneously? Buying a fake online phone is the best way out in such cases. The number of phones is unlimited.
- Access to forbidden websites. Some Web resources have regional restrictions and do not welcome users from particular states. Buying a fake phone number of another country will unlock this regional ban and allow users to enjoy unlimited access to all platforms.
As you see, an online number is a handy and convenient solution that will help stay private and secure, while enjoying all the possibilities of the Web. Moreover, this solution is cost-effective. But where to find such phones?
Where to Buy Virtual Numbers?
Such solutions are realized by specialized Internet service providers. If you enter a search query, a search engine will issue dozens of websites on which such services are provided. The main thing is to select a trusted one.
How to Pick a Reliable Service Provider?
When browsing and analyzing websites, pay attention to the following criteria:
- The range of served areas;
- The geo of covered regions (phones of what countries a provider supports);
- The list of numbers (how rich is it and how many phones are provided for each country?);
- The price policy;
- Available subscription tariffs;
- Additional perks and services;
- Limitations on the number of bought phones.
Compare several platforms according to this plan and pick the one that satisfies your needs the most.
How to Buy a Fake Online Number?
Once you’re done choosing a suitable provider, you have to register.
- Fill out all the spaces entering the asked information.
- Study the price policy and calculate how much your number will cost. Replenish your account.
- Go to the store. Choose a country and the number of phones.
- Buy a phone.
- Open the app by entering a login and password.
- Enter the number.
- Get a verification code.
Is SMS secure?
SMS verification is considered one of the most secure means of profile authentication. Moreover, if a fake phone is used, then users have no reason to worry about anything.
What to do if I haven’t received a verification code?
If you do not receive a code within a few minutes, click on the “resend” button. If there is no button, contact customer support service.
So, here you know all the features of account verification via SMS. We answered the question: “what is OTP verification?” Also, we revealed a convenient alternative to registering on websites while keeping anonymous.